Holiday treat time is here – officially! If you need to make a treat to bring to work, a party or just want something yummy, I have a great idea: White Chocolate Peppermint Bark. I made it for work the other day and it was so easy and so yummy. It was gobbled up right away. I will definitely make it again for a party or get together.
Here’s the recipe:
- White Chocolate – I used the melting disks. Make sure they are good quality or they won’t melt well. I used about 1.5 pounds.
- Candy canes – I grabbed a couple of handfuls from the bulk bin at the grocery store.
- Peppermint essential oil – a couple of drops.
- Double-boiler – if you don’t have one, use a pot with metal mixing bowl
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Smash the candy canes into tiny pieces. They are going to be scattered across the top of the chocolate so you want them to be small enough to eat easily.
- Heat the water to boiling and put the mixing bowl on top of the water.
- Put the chocolate disks in the bowl and stir constantly with a spatula. I use a spatula so I can easily get the chocolate off the sides of the bowl.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil and taste. Start off slow and add if necessary. You don’t want the peppermint to be overpowering.
- Spread the chocolate over the parchment paper with a spatula. Make sure it is evenly distributed.
- While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Leave to harden. I let mine harden on the counter over night, but you could put it in the fridge to harden quicker.
- Once hardened, break into pieces.
- Enjoy and receive compliments on how delicious your treat is.
It is that easy! The hardest thing is waiting for the chocolate to harden so that you can have a sample.